Tuesday, May 10, 2011

my herb garden


rosemary, summerlong basil, sweet marjoram, greek oregano, thyme, sage, and nasturtium
 I finally received the herbs I ordered from Burpee's so many months ago!  I searched high and low to find a suitable strawberry pot to put them in.  I'm very happy with this pretty green one I found at Fairview garden center in Cary.  Next, I want to get a nice plant stand to set it up off the ground and next to the back door.

I cut back a few of the spindly looking plants.  I need to do a little more reasearch on the correct way to snip each type of herb so I can keep them productive and healthy.  I actually think I need to be more aggressive in harvesting my herbs.

In the background, you can see part of Matthew's flower bed.  Next to the pot is our potted mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment