Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Update

The potatoes are starting to peak out of the soil.  I'm worried that the soil seems to be staying quite soggy.  I'll be keeping my eye on it, I don't want the potatoes to rot.

Still waiting for the carrots in the barrel to sprout but in the meantime it seems like the carrots I'd given up on in the side raised bed decided to come up.  Good thing I only planted over with lettuce!!

I picked up a couple of supplementary plants at Lowe's.  This should give me a jump start on the spinach harvest.  We're also going to try a new pepper this year, hot banana.  It's a bit too early to put them in the ground so I'll probably have to pot them for a while first. 

Big day tomorrow:
  • Finish converting 3 more whiskey barrels
  • Construct and plant potatoe bucket #2
  • Till and supplement the back garden plot
  • Figure out where to put the onions and shallots

No comments:

Post a Comment